Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap



I am an odd sort of person. When I find something I like, I will use it exclusively for eternity. I’ve always been fond of environmentally friendly products, especially those that smell nice and are inexpensive. I stumbled upon Dr Bronner’s Magic Soaps in a tiny health food store near where I work. I bought a bottle of lavender (my favorite scent in the world) and a bottle of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap. The label was covered with lots of strange writing, such as a Rudyard Kipling poem and a list of the endless uses for the soap (bodywash, shampoo, car wash, pet cleaner, laundry, wound healer, and even toothpaste, etc) and Dr Bronner’s ideas on how to make the world a better place. I was intrigued. It looked like something you would buy from a snake oil salesman at the circus. I thought it was a bonus as I could read it in the shower. I went for it and bought it. After I tried it, I was hooked. It smelled great and lathered really well. And I did read the bottle for a long time. The fact that it made little sense made me like it even more. After I tested the lavender, I tried a little of the peppermint. It literally made me tingle! My skin felt chilled after the shower. It was amazing and very inexpensive. A little goes a long way and it’s environmentally friendly and organic to boot! What’s not to love? So I’ve fallen in love with Dr. Bronner. I’ll never buy another soap.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

You should go to work for this Dr. Bronner, because I totally want this soap now :-)

Lisa Amos said...

Oh my gosh, not that I'm surprised or anything but I've got that same exact humongous bottle of Dr Bronner's Lavender Soap in my bathtub basket! We really ARE two peas in a pod...no matter how much time separates us!