Friday, March 28, 2008

Ahhh The 60's

I must admit that my favorite decade for fashion is the 1960's. I wouldn't say I like Twiggy or Jean Shrimpton or any of the early '60's stuff, but the Bohemian fashion of the mid to late 60's has always been my favorite. I always admired Michelle Phillips, Patti Boyd, Grace Slick, Francoise Hardy and the like. I have always been this way, even when I was a kid. Believe me, I got my share of being teased for my style (or lack thereof). Anyway, one of my goals for 2008 was to buy some vintage items I like, so I suppose this blog is dedicated to that amazing goal. Here are some things I'm looking at:


  • Moccasins. I love them. I'm not even sure if they are cool, but I have a pair and I wear them with everything. Lately, I have my eye on some ankle boot moccasins. I think they'd look great with a knee length dress. I also have some knee high moccasin boots. I wear them with jeans and dresses.
  • Sandals. I like weird sandals--the ones that tie, Gladiator ones, etc. They are always great with jeans. I am sure I'll be wearing them even when they are violently out of style. I actually don't care much for style. I just know what I like.
  • Dresses. I like knee length dresses as I am very short and long dresses make me look like a leprechaun. I would like to have flowy ones that I can just throw on and go. Preferrably really cheap ones. I have noticed that Mexican tunics are good for that. They are usually pretty long so they'd work perfectly as a dress for me.

I'll update as I see things worth mentioning or mimicking.

No comments: